Friday, February 20, 2009

Ugh People

Ok, so maybe it was just because I was having a bad day yesterday, but I really wanted to punch this lady at the dog park (does this sound more like me now, Chris? lol). Katie and I brought Barely to play for a little and as soon as we let her in, 2 dogs rushed over and basically attacked her in a not-completely-aggressive-yet-still-rude-way. They were growling and caring on and although I don't think they meant anything serious by it, it was still pretty confrontational so Barely rolled over on her back in her usual "I just want to be friends" submissive way. Well, the stupid owner of the more rude dog out of the two was like, "Oh my god, she's playing dead! That's so funny!" Then she preceded to ask me if she always does this....umm nooo only when people have unruly, untrained dogs that are intimidating!! But what I really said was, "She's really submissive and they're all on top of her so..." or something like that. But her damn dog would not leave Barely alone and poor Bare just kept rolling over to avoid conflict. I've never seen her so submissive at the dog park, probably because dogs don't usually insist on constantly antagonizing her! Now, in truth, the American bulldog thing was probably just trying to play, but it was in a pretty dominating sort of way that annoyed the hell out of me. And the stupid owners would not control her! Even when I called Barely over to put her on the leash to leave and the bulldog was jumping all over her and growling they were slow to finally come over and pull her off (meanwhile I'm getting more and more pissed and to the point where I'm about to give the dog a huge shove if she doesn't stop jumping all over Barely and sounding ferocious). I've never had an experience like that at a dog park..NEVER. The owners had the nerve to say that they were duped into getting her obedience training after they adopted her...I'm sorry, no dog should act like that towards other dogs. It's one thing to play rough (Barely has no problem playing with Pits, Rotties, and even my friend's huge English bulldog), but a completelely different thing to be so dominating.

Anyway...that's my little rant. I don't think Barely's scarred for life or anything, she's pretty unfazable (yes, I know that's not a word). It was just really irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment